Your billing statement includes:
- comprehensive fees
- required deposits
- other known charges
- prior balance due
- expected financial aid
Payment or documentation to clear your charges must be received by the due date in order to enroll for the current semester.
- There is an automatic HOLD on Grades and Transcripts until all financial obligations have been met.
- All seniors must clear accounts one month prior to graduation in order to participate in Commencement Exercises and receive their Diploma.
When it is necessary to forward an unpaid account to an outside collection agency, the student is responsible for all collection fees.
Payment due dates
All charges are payable on
the dates noted below. In all cases of payment past the due date, a late fee of
$100 will be assessed each semester.
||Statement mailed on or about
||Payments due on or before |
|| July |
|| December |
Financial Aid Deductions
In accordance with Saint Joseph's College policy, FULL PAYMENT of the total bill must be made. The only deductions allowed are as follows:
- Scholarships, grants and loans awarded through the Office of Financial Aid, only if you have received the award letter and have returned your acceptance, and all other required documents.
- College scholarships awarded at the time of admission.
- Scholarships or sponsorships by state or federal agencies, organizations, school districts or companies that are payable to the College. Enclose supporting award authorization.
- ALL BANK LOANS. Loans in process may be deducted only if the application has been certified by the Office of Financial Aid. Half of the estimated loan disbursement will be deducted for the fall semester, and the other half for the spring semester.
- Education Benefits (Veteran or other monthly payments). Enclose copy of award letter which specifies amount of monthly payments.
- Tuition Plan Participation. The semester portion may be deferred only if your application has been approved by the tuition plan company. Enclose a copy of the acceptance letter.
Other special problems should be brought to our attention immediately for review and consideration. Please call 207-893-7732 or 893-7737.
Notification of withdrawal and requests for refunds must be made in writing and addressed to the Office of the Registrar. Read our Credit Balance Policy.
ROOM & BOARD AND FEES
ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
Schedule for tuition refund (calculated from date of enrollment)
If the semester charges were not paid in full at the time of the withdrawal, a bill will be forwarded for the balance due, calculated by using the appropriate percentage.
Frequently asked questions
already have health insurance, how to I waive the health insurance fee?
Waiving the health insurance fee is a 2 step process.
Step 1 fill out the
online waiver form on my web services.
Step 2 send a copy (front and back) of your health card to:
Saint Joseph's College
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, ME 04084
Deadlines for Health Waiver: Fall semester - August / Spring Semester - January
Questions? Call Health Services at 207-893-6634.
Can I request an updated
Yes, updated statements can be seen/printed via
my web services or by calling the Treasurer's Office at 207-893-7737.
What happens to my housing
deposit if I still owe money?
Housing deposit money is applied to the unpaid bill if the student does not return due to prior year balance. It is forfeited if student decides not to be a resident or withdraws.
Why didn't I get my
Your grades and transcripts will be held until all financial obligations have been met.
How do I apply for a loan
to cover the balance?
Many of our families choose to use a
federal parent loan to pay all or part of the balance remaining after financial aid. We encourage you to research your loan options carefully.
Below is a billing statement sample. However, it is not all-inclusive and serves only as a guideline to help you prepare for your semester expenses. If you have any questions, you should contact 207-893-7737. To see what are 2017-18 costs will be, please see the 2017-18 section on our costs and billing page.
For new students that enroll in the spring semester, only 50% will be billed for the fees (ie. general and activity fees) listed below. Any questions about fees, call 207-893-7737.
||Description of charge
|| Full-time (12-19 credits/semester)
|| $33,600 |
|| Part-time (1-11 credits/semester)
|| Tuition overload (20+ credits/semester)
|| Audit course
| Room & Board
|| $12,890 |
| Additional Fees
|| Health Insurance fee (can be waived)
|| $1130 |
|| Security deposit (one-time fee when move on campus)
|| $250 or
|| $250 |
|| Lab fees/course
|| Nursing clinical fee (nursing students only)
|| $1,600 |
There may be other charges not included on your