Where Community Grows.
Where Community Grows.
Where Community Grows.
Frequently Asked Questions – Safety and Security2021-07-01T15:18:29-04:00
Where do I pay my parking fine?2018-06-15T05:06:31-04:00

Parking fines should be paid at the Treasurer’s Office, located in the Enrollment Services Office at Mercy Hall (above Pearson’s Café).

What do I do if I need to get into a locked academic building/room?2018-06-15T05:06:00-04:00

Students wishing to gain access to a locked building/room must have first obtained permission from their professor or appropriate staff member. The College faculty/staff member must send Campus Safety written permission for the student to have access to the building/room before access will be granted. Written permission must be on file with Campus Safety in order for us to allow access to the locked area. However, students may be let into the Heffernan Center Student Lounge 24 hours per day without prior permission of a faculty/staff member.

What do I do if I am locked out of my room?2018-06-15T05:06:47-04:00

Campus Safety will let you into your room during non-business hours. If you are locked out of your room Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm, you must contact Campus Life for assistance (Ext. 6603).

My vehicle won’t start. Can you help?2018-06-15T05:04:56-04:00

Campus Safety can assist you in jump starting your vehicle, please call or stop by the office to arrange for this service.

I have a friend staying overnight. Do they need to register their vehicle? Where can they park?2018-06-15T05:04:23-04:00

Visitors should obtain a temporary parking permit at the Campus Safety Office in Standish Hall. Visitors may park in the Ball Field Lot and Alfond Center Lot, Row 6 only (outside perimeter row).

I am locked out of my vehicle. Can you help?2019-10-09T08:32:28-04:00

Campus Safety is no longer able to provide vehicle lockout service. We suggest AAA road service or we can assist in contacting a local garage.

How much does it cost to register my vehicle?2018-09-07T09:12:07-04:00

There is a $100.00 registration/decal fee for student vehicles; this fee is charged per vehicle and will not be pro-rated based upon date of issue. The cost is billed directly to your account so no cash money is needed/accepted at time of registration.

How do I appeal a parking ticket?2018-06-15T05:02:57-04:00

Individuals wishing to appeal a parking ticket may fill out an appeal form (accessible via mySJC). Print the form and complete it, then bring it to the Campus Safety Office. Appeals must be received within 7 days of the date the ticket was issued and must be accompanied by the ticket received. Please note that tickets issued in any 15 minute loading/unloading or visitor space on campus, and all handicapped spaces cannot be appealed.

Do you provide escorts?2018-06-15T05:02:24-04:00

Yes, escorts are provided upon request 24 hours a day. Escorts are made by a uniformed Security Officer and may be by either foot or vehicle. Please call or stop by the office to request this service.

Do i need to register my vehicle?2018-06-15T05:01:57-04:00

Yes, all student vehicles need to be registered with Campus Safety annually and as soon as possible after bringing the vehicle to campus. Faculty/staff need to register their vehicles when beginning employment with the College or when changing vehicles.

Can first-year students have vehicles on campus?2018-06-15T05:01:25-04:00

Yes, freshman students may have vehicles on campus.

Are weapons allowed on campus?2018-06-15T05:00:46-04:00

No, weapons are prohibited on campus. This includes, but is not limited to: rifles, shotguns, handguns, knives, fireworks, explosives, and martial arts equipment.