• Frequently Asked Questions
    • Are weapons allowed on campus?

      No, weapons are prohibited on campus. This includes, but is not limited to: rifles, shotguns, handguns, knives, fireworks, explosives, and martial arts equipment.

    • Can first-year students have vehicles on campus?

      Yes, freshman students may have vehicles on campus.

    • Do I need to register my vehicle?

      Yes, all student vehicles need to be registered with Public Safety annually and as soon as possible after bringing the vehicle to campus. Faculty/staff need to register their vehicles when beginning employment with the College or when changing vehicles.

    • Do you provide escorts?

      Yes, escorts are provided upon request 24 hours a day. Escorts are made by a uniformed Public Safety Officer and may be by either foot or vehicle. Please call or stop by the office to request this service.

    • How do I appeal a parking ticket?

      Individuals wishing to appeal a parking ticket may fill out an appeal form (accessible via mySJC). Print the form and complete it, along with a copy of the ticket. Appeals must be received within 7 days of the date the ticket was issued. Please note that tickets issued in the 15 minute loading/unloading zone across from Saint George Hall, the 15 minute visitor spaces behind St. Joseph's Hall, and all handicapped spaces cannot be appealed.

    • How much does it cost to register my vehicle?

      There is a $100.00 registration/decal fee for student vehicles; this fee is charged per vehicle and will not be pro-rated based upon date of issue.

    • I am locked out of my vehicle. Can you help?

      Public Safety is no longer able to provide vehicle lockout service. We suggest AAA road service or can we assist in contacting a local garage.

    • I have a friend staying overnight. Do they need to register their vehicle? Where can they park?

      Visitors should obtain a temporary parking permit at the Public Safety Office in Standish Hall. Visitors may park in the Ball Field Lot and Alfond Center Lot, Row 6 only (outside perimeter row).

    • My vehicle won't start. Can you help?

      Public Safety can assist you in jump starting your vehicle, please call or stop by the office to arrange for this service.

    • What do I do if I am locked out of my room?

      Public Safety will let you into your room during non-business hours. If you are locked out of your room Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm, you must contact Campus Life for assistance (Ext. 6603).

    • What do I do if I need to get into a locked academic building/room?

      Students wishing to gain access to a locked building/room must have first obtained permission from their professor or appropriate staff member. The College faculty/staff member must send Public Safety written permission for the student to have access to the building/room before access will be granted. Written permission must be on file with Public Safety in order for us to allow access to the locked area. However, students may be let into the Heffernan Center 24 hours a day without permission of a faculty/staff member.

    • Where do I pay my parking fine?

      Parking fines should be paid at the Treasurer's Office, located in the basement level of Saint Joseph's Hall.