We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to classrooms, labs, residence halls, athletic competition, the lakefront, and all your favorite spaces and places at SJC! Here are the latest updates from the Pandemic Response Team on the protocols that will help keep Saint Joe’s safe and healthy over the next few weeks:
- All residential students must stop at the Health and Wellness Center for a single arrival test as soon as possible after coming onto campus. You and your family should plan to wear a mask during the move-in process.
- We will all be wearing masks in public indoor spaces for the first 14 days, starting on the first day of fall classes. After this safe entry period, we will largely adhere to the guidance of the CDC and Maine CDC. When Cumberland County is at a Substantial level of community transmission, the public indoor mask rule will be in place. When the county moves back into a Moderate level, we will slowly ease the mask mandate.
- We will be performing symptomatic testing this semester, which means if you feel sick, you should IMMEDIATELY check in with the Health and Wellness Center or your doctor.
- Community members who test positive for COVID-19 will isolate for 10 days. Their contacts will not immediately quarantine, but will be required to wear a mask and be tested 3-5 days after exposure.
- Normal student and employee conduct policies will apply for non-compliance with any COVID-19 protocols.
- A reminder that SJC will maintain a mask-positive environment this year. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, no matter what the situation, place, or latest guidance, you are encouraged to do so. We each have our own reason, and yours will be respected.