The auction is part of the chapter’s fundraising effort to support a volunteer trip to Uganda through the Partners for World Health organization. Due to the high rate of infant and maternal mortality in Africa, Partners for World Health strives to bring basic necessities and care to women in need. While in Uganda, students will work primarily at a hospital in the city of Kampala, bringing resources of health and education. In addition to aid, students will work in a women’s clinic on Project 10,000. Project 10,000 goal is to supply 10,000 women in Africa with kits containing the supplies necessary for a sterile birth and items to keep their newborn warm and alive.
The January 2020 trip’s goal of $6000 covers all components of the trip for the participants; flight, security, room and board, translators, etc. Any excess earned past the goal from the total fundraising efforts will be donated to the Partners for World Health Nonprofit. The auction will be separated into small items for a silent auction while participants eat and socialize, followed by the main auction with big ticket items later in the evening. Donations are still being accepted at this time.
About the Auction
- Nov. 15, 6 - 8pm, Xavier Hall lounge, door opens at 5:30pm
- Charcuterie platters and beverages, as well as a cash bar for alcoholic drinks
- Tickets: $20/pp, RSVP suggested, limit of 70 people
- Elizabeth McLellan, the founder of Partners for World Health, will be the guest speaker
RSVP/Tickets for the auction: http://hopetohelp.rsvpify.com
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/497305411110522/
Can’t attend but want to donate? https://www.gofundme.com/f/adrienne039s-campaign-for-partners-for-world-health
Items donated so far include:
- A tour for four through Wilbur's chocolate factory
- A hand carved grandmother clock with Westminster chimes, made by a Maine craftsman. Minimum bid of $800
- A pie by the Renee by the Bay Bakery
- A homemade, customizable fleece quilt $150 minimum bid.
- A weekend at The Stone Turret Bed and Breakfast in Gardiner
- A Ugandan basket
- A simple will done by a Brunswick law firm
- Two $50 gift cards, one for Shaw’s and one for Hannaford
- A Bull Moose gift basket
- A natural food gift basket from the Morning Glory Store
- A woman's backpack from Calvin Klein
- A coffee gift basket
- A Coach wristlet
- A guided bird tour by Dr. Paruk in May 2020, 1-2 hours for up to 12 people.
- A jam basket of locally made jams.
- A $50 gift card to the Freeport restaurant, Lobster Cooker Grill and Sports
- A scenic ride with a Maine pilot on his personal plane