Saint Joseph's College
The College is located on 350 acres overlooking Sebago Lake, one of Maine's most beautiful spots and a popular four-season recreation area.
- Only 20 miles northwest of coastal Portland, Maine's largest city, an hour north of Portsmouth and just two hours from Boston.
- The campus is easily navigated on foot: scenic paths connect campus buildings, and a brisk five-minute walk will take you anywhere you need to be.
- A hilly descent to our own private sandy beach opens on a panoramic view of the lake with the White Mountains as a backdrop on the horizon.
- When you pack, be prepared for a full range of weather conditions. The weather can change with typical New England style, so during your stay you may experience cool summer nights, and 90-degree days with high humidity.
- Casual dress is the rule. And remember to bring good, comfortable walking shoes.
Online Map of Saint Joseph's College campus
Weather in Standish, Maine
How to Get Here
- If you arrive by bus, plane, or train, we'll be waiting to greet you at the terminal and bring you to our campus. (When you arrive, just look for the Saint Joseph's College T-shirts our staff will be wearing.) Please remember that you will be responsible for your own luggage. Please request this service by filling in the Housing and Travel form found on this website.
- The drive from Portland to the College takes about 35 minutes (free to participants staying on campus), so you can sit back and enjoy the picturesque scenery along the way.
- If you are staying off campus, you are responsible for your own transportation.
Directions and map to Saint Joseph's College
Accommodations and Dining Services
Housing is provided on-campus in our student residence halls.
- Rooms are single occupancy, in either a four-bedroom suite with semi-private baths or a traditional modern hall with one large, single-sex, shared bathroom per floor.
- Rooms are basic and include single beds, desks, bureaus, wardrobes and overhead lighting. Your Housing Fee includes one set of linens, telephone service for all incoming and local outgoing calls, and a high-speed Internet connection.
- All meals are provided by Saint Joseph's food service, Pearson’s Café. Their offerings are healthy, delicious, and unlike typical college fare. Meal service is cafeteria style and includes soups, hot entrees, deli selections, a salad bar that includes prepared cold salads, and a dessert and fruit bar. Lunch and the lobster bake are included in the tuition for all students. Breakfast and dinner are included as part of the housing fee.
- You may want to pack extra towels, a small desk lamp and other amenities.
- Off-campus accommodations near Saint Joseph's are limited, due to its location in the heart of one of Maine's most enjoyable recreation areas at the height of the busy summer season. If you prefer to stay on your own, early planning is essential (see the Maine Info page for resources).