The mission of the Saint Joseph's College Campus Safety Department is to enhance the quality of life for the entire Saint Joseph's College community by maintaining a secure and open environment where the safety of all is balanced with the rights of the individual. The Department of Campus Safety strives to accomplish its mission while adhering to its core values of Professionalism, Integrity, Communication, Service, and Respect.
The success of this mission depends upon an effective working relationship between Campus Safety personnel and the diverse elements of the Saint Joseph's College community, including students, staff, faulty, and visitors. Critical to this relationship is mutual respect; therefore, we pledge to respect the diverse needs and interests of the community we serve. We pledge to be diligent and relentless in the protection of persons, property, and reputation of Saint Joseph's College.
Campus Safety enjoys a collaborative relationship with Cumberland County Sheriff's Office, Standish Fire-EMS, as well as other local emergency responders.
In the event it becomes necessary to notify the Saint Joseph's College community of an imminent emergency on campus, notification will be sent using the RAVE emergency management alert system. Brief and immediate instructions will be given and subsequent updates will be sent as necessary.
To ensure that you receive timely notification of campus emergencies and security alerts, we encourage all members of the campus community to regularly review and update their contact information.
STUDENTS: Review your personal information, (including emergency contacts), on Campus Cafe.
FACULTY/STAFF: Review your information and update, (if necessary), in ADP.
- patrol the campus 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- are responsible for the safety and security of all College community members and property
- have the authority to ask for identification from any person on campus at any time
- determine whether individuals have lawful business on the campus
Criminal incidents are referred to the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office, which has jurisdiction in the Town of Standish, Maine.
To report a crime or other emergency
- 207-893-6687 from an off-campus or cellular phone
- 6687 from any campus extension
- 7911 (emergency line) from any on-campus phone
- fill out the online anonymous tip form
- Office location: 1st Floor Standish Hall
Emergency telephone call boxes locations
- outside or near all residence halls
- parking lot behind the Alfond Center
- baseball field parking lot
- Stone Barn pathway
- Beach pathway (halfway point)
- Beach pathway (stone steps near Pearson’s Café/Mercy Hall)
These telephone call boxes are in prominent locations and are identified with a blue light.