Member and guest responsibilities
All members and guests are expected to:
- Review, complete and sign the waiver.
- Have an facility orientation before using the equipment.
- Abide by the regulations and policies.
- Cooperate with the staff.
- Respect other members individual rights.
- Members who bring a guest assume full responsibility for that guest and are responsible for that guest's behavior.
- Do not misuse safety equipment, prop open doors, allow individuals who are not guests into the Alfond Center, etc.
- Choose appropriate clothing, actions and language.
- Members or guests who are, or who appear to be, under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed in the center.
The Alfond Center staff reserve the right to suspend or revoke privileges for any of the following reasons but not limited to: misconduct, misuse of equipment, willful destruction of property, harassment, profane or abusive language, disrespect of staff, or disregard of operational policies and procedures.
- Student and faculty/staff members, and alums are allowed to have up to four (4) guest visits per month. Guest visit policy does not apply to open/lap swim or aqua fitness classes.
- Family members are not allowed to bring guests at any time.
- A Guest Registration Form must be completed each time a guest uses the facility.
- This form is located at the front desk.
- Guests must be 16 to use the fitness room, but an adult must be with you if you are under 18.
- Guests will not be permitted to participate in intramural sports or special events, unless otherwise noted.
General facility rules and regulations
- All patrons play at their own risk.
- Blocking or restriction of emergency exits is prohibited.
- No glass of any kind is allowed.
- Emergency telephones and exits located throughout the facility are for emergency use only. Unauthorized use of emergency exits or telephones will result in disciplinary action.
- Tobacco use is not permitted in the Alfond Center.
- Patrons may not bring furniture and coolers into the facility.
- All equipment needs to be returned to the Front Desk.
- Patrons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave the facility and may have their privileges suspended.
- Any unsafe conditions or damaged equipment should be reported to the facility staff and play or patron use in the unsafe area should be discontinued until the unsafe condition can be addressed or equipment repaired.
- Food and beverage are not permitted in any activity area with the exception of plastic water bottles.
- Use of bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or roller blades is PROHIBITED in the Alfond Center.
- Students should note that violation of Alfond Center regulations may result in disciplinary action through the provisions of the Student Code of Conduct.
The Alfond Center assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen articles.