Investing in Your Future
The College offers a robust Merit Scholarship program that bases gift money awards on your level of academic achievement. Merit Scholarships range from $1,500 to $25,000 per year.
Merit Scholarship Opportunities
||VALUE OVER 4 YRS
|St. Joe’s Scholarship
|Compassionate Leadership Scholarship
|Community & Sustainability Engaged Scholarship
|Early Action Scholarship
||Apply by Nov. 15
Merit Scholarships are available to first-year students and transfer students and require no additional application unless noted. They are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and are not guaranteed. Preference is given to high school students who apply by the early action deadline of Nov. 15th. Transfer students are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Community & Sustainability Engaged Scholarship (CASE Scholars)
Offered annually to incoming Leadership for Sustainable Development majors. A $2,000 annual package and a minimum 3.0 GPA. Learn more about the CASE Scholars program.
Talbot Scholarship Program
The Talbot Scholarship helps to provide access to its world class education to traditionally underrepresented students in higher education. Named after the legendary civil rights icon Gerald Talbot, Maine’s first elected black legislator, the scholarship emphasizes not only academic excellence in the classroom, but dedication to leadership and social justice. Learn more about the Talbot Scholars.
General Scholarship Information
- If you are applying for full-time enrollment in a degree program for Fall, you will be considered for scholarship assistance.
- Returning students will continue to be considered for the merit programs they currently receive. The annual amount of the scholarship does not change. One half the annual amount is available each semester that the student is enrolled full-time.
- To renew the scholarship, you must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Students who graduate early will forfeit a portion of the scholarship.
- If you are eligible for a tuition waiver through the tuition exchange program or as a dependent of an employee, you are not eligible for the academic/merit scholarship offered by the Admission Committee.
- Scholarships can be renewed for up to 4 years (8 semesters) of consecutive full-time study. Renewal for incoming transfer students will depend on the number of credits accepted in transfer.
- Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress unless a higher standard is listed below.
Search for Outside Scholarships
Visit the sites below for free scholarships searches: