The College has a 6 lane 25-yard pool. We offer several aquatic programs from Lap and Open Swim to Aqua Fitness/Silver Sneaker Splash classes. To find dates and times of available sessions please go to: https://www.picktime.com/alfondcenter and select program, dates, and times that are available.
-Jared Felker, Aquatics Manager
- You must show proof of vaccination at the front desk upon check-in.
- Follow the Lifeguard’s instructions upon entering the pool deck.
- The locker rooms are now open. Showers, lockers, toilets, and the sauna are all open for community use.
In the event of a closure due to inclement weather or other circumstances, the Alfond pool may be closed to community members. Check in with the Alfond Center staff at 893.6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org in case of inclement weather.
Our instructors guide participants through aerobic movements that target the entire body by using the natural resistance of water. Participants work as hard as they feel comfortable, and may choose to work on range of motion and flexibility instead of cardio and strength by performing alternative movements suggested by the instructor. Not only is it a great workout, but it's a fun way to socialize with friends or to make new ones!
The morning Aqua Fitness classes take place in shallow water (4'-4.5') and are great for all ability levels.
Mondays: Aqua Fitness
Tuesdays: SilverSneaker Splash
Wednesdays: Aqua Fitness
Thursdays: SilverSneaker Splash
Fridays: SilverSneaker Splash + Aqua Fitness
To see times and book available sessions for the pool, go to https://www.picktime.com/
- FREE for all SJC students
- Staff/Faculty/Alumni: Drop in is $3 or $30 for a 12 punch card
- Community-Drop in: $7
- 12 punch pass: $60
(Standish residents receive a $10 discount on punch passes when presenting appropriate ID.)
- We accept cash, local checks, and credit cards
Sign up for SilverSneaker classes at www.picktime.com/alfondcenter.
- Community members is $7 to drop in or $25 punch card for 5 classes
- SJC Staff/Faculty/Alumni is $3 drop in or $25 for a 10 punch card
- SilverSneakers Members who are eligible attend for free (check your eligibility here).
For more information please contact Jenna Chase email@example.com or 207-893-6627
- Use common sense to enjoy the pool safely.
- No running in or around the pool area.
- No food, drink, or gum is permitted in the pool area.
- Always use the restroom and take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- No street shoes allowed on the pool deck.