Welcome to Our Pool
Make a splash by making use of our six-lane swimming pool and aquatics programming.
The aquatics program provides safe and fun recreational swim opportunities for the Saint Joseph’s campus community and for the residents in and around the Standish area. Swim classes of all levels are available for those aged six months through adult, and training is available for lifeguard and water safety instructor certification. The pool is open throughout the day for lap and open swim, AquaFitness classes, and our Learn-to-Swim program.
- Lap and open swim
- Learn-to-Swim program
- Private swim lessons
- Water safety instructor and lifeguard certification
- Splash Parties
- Use common sense to enjoy the pool safely.
- No running in or around the pool area.
- No food, drink, or gum is permitted in the pool area.
- Always use the restroom and take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- No street shoes allowed on the pool deck.
In the event of a closure due to inclement weather or other circumstances, the Alfond pool may closed to community members. Please dial the Alfond pool closure hotline for the latest information: 207-893-7551.
Pool is CLOSED:
Lap and Open Swim (click for printable version)
|Lap and Open Swim: August 13 – September 3|
|6:30 – 8 a.m.||Monday – Friday|
|11 a.m. – 1 p.m.||Monday – Friday (On Wednesdays – Lap Swim 6 lanes)|
|5:30 – 6:30 p.m||Monday, Thursday|
- FREE for all SJC students
- Staff/Faculty and Alumni Drop in: FREE
- Community-Drop in: $6
- 10 punch pass: $40
- (Standish residents receive a $10 discount on punch passes when presenting appropriate ID)
Aqua Fitness (click for printable version)
Our instructors guide participants through aerobic movements that target the entire body by using the natural resistance of water. Participants work as hard as they feel comfortable, and may choose to work on range of motion and flexibility instead of cardio and strength by performing alternative movements suggested by the instructor. Not only is it a great workout, but it’s a fun way to socialize with friends or to make new ones!
The morning Aqua Fitness classes take place in shallow water (4′-4.5′) and are great for all ability levels.
Aqua Fitness: August 13 – September 3
|8 – 9 a.m.||Monday-Friday|
|6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday|
- FREE for all SJC students
- Staff/Faculty and Alumni Drop in: $3 or $25 for 10 punch card
- Community-Drop in: $7
- 12 punch pass: $60
(Standish residents receive a $10 discount on punch passes when presenting appropriate ID.)
Make a splash with your next birthday party — have it here at the Alfond Center with your own party room, time in the pool, and even have us cater it for you. Splash Parties are available on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. To check available dates and times, please email email@example.com or call 893-7666.
If interested in booking the pool only, please call 893-6615.
- Pool & Party Room for $200, includes one hour of pool time for 20 swimmers plus one hour of the party room. If more than 20, add $25 for the additional lifeguard.
- $60 an hour for Rock Wall (age restrictions on rental users)
All Alumni, SJC Students, Staff and Faculty receive a 20% discount on rental fees.
Campus Recreation requires that all guests participating in any of the Splash Party activities complete our Splash Party Waiver. Parents/Guardians must complete this waiver for any minors as well as themselves. Please use the link below to complete prior to the event to help limit delays at the start of the party. Individuals can complete the waiver when they arrive at our Welcome Desk Kiosk. The Campus Recreation Staff will assist and ensure that all guests complete the waiver for your party.
Splash Party Waiver
Interested in having a splash party?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 893-7666.