In the event of a closure due to inclement weather or other circumstances, the Alfond pool may closed to community members. Please dial the Alfond pool closure hotline for the latest information: 207-893-7551.
Pool is CLOSED: Oct. 14
Printable pool and Aquafitness schedule
Lap and Open Swim
|Lap and Open Swim: September- November 17|
|6:30 – 8 a.m.||Monday – Friday (9/16 + 18 is last Mon/Wed session)|
|11 a.m. – 1 p.m.||Monday – Friday (On Wed.- Lap Swim 6 lanes)|
|7:30 – 8:30 p.m.||Mondays and Thursday|
|6:30 – 8 p.m.||Wednesdays|
- FREE for all SJC students
- Staff/Faculty and Alumni Drop in: FREE
- Community-Drop in: $6
- 10 punch pass: $40
- (Standish residents receive a $10 discount on punch passes when presenting appropriate ID)
Our instructors guide participants through aerobic movements that target the entire body by using the natural resistance of water. Participants work as hard as they feel comfortable, and may choose to work on range of motion and flexibility instead of cardio and strength by performing alternative movements suggested by the instructor. Not only is it a great workout, but it’s a fun way to socialize with friends or to make new ones!
The morning Aqua Fitness classes take place in shallow water (4′-4.5′) and are great for all ability levels.
September- November 17
|8- 9 a.m.||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday|
|8:15- 9:15 a.m.||Monday, Wednesday|
|6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday|
- FREE for all SJC students & Alumni
- Staff/Faculty Drop in: $3 or $25 for 10 punch card
- Community-Drop in: $7
- 12 punch pass: $60
(Standish residents receive a $10 discount on punch passes when presenting appropriate ID.)
About the Pool
The aquatics program provides safe and fun recreational swim opportunities for the Saint Joseph’s campus community and for the residents in and around the Standish area. Swim classes of all levels are available for those aged six months through adult, and training is available for lifeguard and water safety instructor certification. The pool is open throughout the day for lap and open swim, AquaFitness classes, and our Learn-to-Swim program.
- Use common sense to enjoy the pool safely.
- No running in or around the pool area.
- No food, drink, or gum is permitted in the pool area.
- Always use the restroom and take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- No street shoes allowed on the pool deck.