Below is a small listing of they types of scholarships available. For a more complete list along with details, visit our digital catalog. For outside scholarship sources, see our Searching for Scholarships section further below.
The College offers a robust Merit Scholarship program that bases gift money awards on the student’s level of academic achievement. Merit Scholarships range from $6,000 to $20,000 per year.
The $1,500 Visit Scholarship is offered to students upon their acceptance. To be officially awarded this one-time scholarship, a student must attend an admission-sponsored tour or event prior to May 1 of their senior year of high school and be entering that same fall. The Visit Scholarship is non-renewable and only applicable toward the student’s first year of study at Saint Joseph’s College.
Honors Program Scholarship
A $1,500 scholarship to students accepted into the Honors Program. Renewability depends on participation in the honors program.
Sisters of Mercy Scholarships
Eva Albee Kelley Scholarship
This is for women from Lincoln County, Maine, with financial need. It generally ranges from $1,000 to $20,000. Up to four years of full-time study with similar financial need and satisfactory academic progress. Apply for aid by priority deadline. This fund replaces any College grant and scholarship initially offered through the financial aid process.
Sarah T. Burke Scholarship
For parishioners of St. Patrick’s or its successor in Lewiston, Maine. It generally ranges from $500 to $3,000. Up to four years of full-time study with similar financial need and satisfactory academic progress. Apply for aid by priority deadline, provide letter to Office of Financial Aid from parish priest regarding current parish involvement. This letter must be received by March 1st.
Endowed and Restricted Scholarships
All current full-time, Sebago campus students who are eligible for financial aid and have earned at least a 3.0 CGPA at the College; specific scholarship criteria may be considered. The scholarships usually range from $200 to $3,000. They are generally a one-time award and funds are used to offset current grant and/or scholarship eligibility. Automatic consideration; recipients must complete a brief biographical form and provide a letter of appreciation to the donor to receive the funds.
Offered annually to incoming freshmen who have demonstrated a sustained commitment to environmental issues and community service during their high school years. A $2,000 annual package and a minimum 3.0 GPA. Learn more about the CASE Scholars program.
This four-year scholarship is funded by the National Science Foundation to encourage academically-talented students who have demonstrated need of financial assistance to enter into and succeed in a community of young scientists. First- year students pursuing chemistry, biology, environmental science, biochemistry, and marine science are encouraged to apply. Learn more about Science Scholars.
Growing Future STEM Teachers in Maine Noyce Scholarship
This National Science Foundation funded scholarship seeks to recruit and prepare future science and math teachers, and provide continued support as they enter the classroom in high-need school districts. Students who are interested in pursuing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) & Secondary Education degree (or already enrolled) are encouraged to apply. Learn more about Growing Future STEM Teachers Scholars Program.
General Scholarship Information
- If you are applying for full-time enrollment in a degree program for Fall, you will be considered for scholarship assistance.
- Returning students will continue to be considered for the merit programs they currently receive. The annual amount of the scholarship does not change. One half the annual amount is available each semester that the student is enrolled full-time.
- To renew the scholarship, you must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Students who graduate early will forfeit a portion of the scholarship.
- If you are eligible for a tuition waiver through the tuition exchange program or as a dependent of an employee, you are not eligible for the academic/merit scholarship offered by the Admission Committee.
- Scholarships can be renewed for up to 4 years (8 semesters) of consecutive full-time study. Renewal for incoming transfer students will depend on the number of credits accepted in transfer.
- Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress unless a higher standard is listed below.
Search for Outside Scholarships
Visit the sites below for free scholarships searches: