Public Safety Officers
- patrol the campus 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- are responsible for the safety and security of all Saint Joseph's College community members and property
- have the authority to ask for identification from any person on campus at any time
- determine whether individuals have lawful business on the campus
Criminal incidents are referred to the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office, which has jurisdiction in the Town of Standish, Maine.
To report a crime or other emergency
- 207-893-6687 from an off-campus or cellular phone
- 6687 from any campus extension
- 7911 (emergency line) from any on-campus phone
Emergency telephone call boxes locations
- outside or near all residence halls
- parking lot behind the Alfond Center
- baseball field parking lot
These telephone call boxes are in prominent locations and are identified with a blue light.
Anonymous tip line
Use this online anonymous form to report any criminal activity that you've witnessed and remain anonymous. Public Safety will investigate these leads.
Students, if you are an EMT or are interested in becoming a Saint Joseph's EMT, call Ext. 6687 and speak with Ian MacEachen, Director of Public Safety, to learn more about the program.
REMEMBER, a safe community starts with YOU!
Prompt reporting will assure timely warning notices on campus and timely disclosure of crime statistics.