The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration provides a general knowledge of business and allows the student to build an area of expertise in Accounting, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Management or Marketing for a career in business, industry, government, or in preparation for graduate study.
The Department of Business Administration has these goals:
- provide students with a sound foundation in the core disciplines of Business Administration including accounting, marketing, management and economics;
- provide students with a concentration of learning within one Business Administration discipline, providing sufficient depth of study to enable the students to pursue successfully a career path to graduation;
- provide a learning environment that encourages students to consider and respond appropriately to ethical issues within an organizational environment;
- provide students with a solid base of technical skills needed to operate in today's business climate;
- provide students with an understanding of international business and the global economy;
- provide a broad and deep foundation that will enable students to pursue advanced graduate studies;
- provide sufficient preparation to enable students to pursue professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant and other professional designations.
To learn about a specific program, its requirements and faculty members, select your major of interest from the navigation bar at the right.
Strengths of the Business Program
- Take courses toward a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and CPA all at the same time. We are one of the few colleges in New England (if any) which offer this!
- Over 80% of our students participate in business internships, which often lead to jobs. Here's a list of our successful business internships.
- Students participate in real-world community-based class projects in corporate settings, which often lead to jobs.
- Our business professors, most still working in the business world or own businesses, actively help our students find internships and jobs.
Finish Your Degree in 3 Years and Earn Credits Toward a Master’s
Get a head start on your career by earning your business degree in just 3 years. With on-campus and online classes, this flexible program puts you on track to your career as you to gain credit toward a Master of Accountancy or a number of other graduate degrees through our online programs. A 3-year business degree is the perfect choice for early access to your future.
Business Administration Minor
A minor in business administration is available and requires students to take 20 credit hours.
Real-World Corporate Settings: Helping our Students Prepare for Careers
Our business students work together on class projects for area businesses, helping them research a range of topics, including:
- Recruitment strategies
- Employee Free Choice Act
- Executive compensation
- New employee orientation
- Organizational strategy
- Immigration and visa issues
- Social networking
"Brad brought a lot to the table with his visa research," says Pat Johnson, Fairchild Semiconductor's HR director. "We invited our whole HR community to attend his presentation; he uncovered things we were not aware of."
In her words
“Myke (manager of the College’s Pearson’s Town Farm) taught me that happiness is farming. He taught me that it's OK to get dirty and that producing your own vegetables is so much better than buying them at the grocery store. He showed me that someday I want to have my own farm.”
— Heather Aceto ’13 management