Saint Joseph's College nurtures
intellectual, spiritual, and social growth. While Campus Ministry focuses on
spiritual growth, we recognize that this can be difficult to achieve when
isolated from other aspects of our being - or from each other! Students of all
faiths are encouraged to tend to their own faith life and to join in community
with others as part of a common quest for meaning. A variety of opportunities
are offered throughout the year, including:
- New England Catholic College Retreat: Held every other year, the next retreat will be taking
place in 2015.
- Maine Colleges Retreat: Offered twice a year, students from the College's
Mercy Center and from the Newman Centers of public and secular private
colleges in Maine get together for an overnight or weekend to get away.
The event involves group activities, lectures from notable speakers, and
reflection, all while sharing in fellowship and having fun.
- Romero Center Urban Challenge: Taking place over the Columbus Day weekend, the Urban
Challenge experience combines volunteer service in Camden, New Jersey, and
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with theological reflection, prayer, lectures
featuring local speakers, and other activities in conjunction with
students from several northeastern colleges.
- Service Leadership Retreat: Held annually on campus, this retreat seeks to help
seasoned student leaders grow in self-awareness, reflect on and develop
leadership skills, and learn how to support the spiritual growth of others
through reflection on service experiences. By invitation only,
participants must have demonstrated leadership within the campus
- Christian Life Community (CLC) of the USA Retreat: For more information, visit the CLC's website: http://www.clc-usa.org/clc_spirituality.htm.
To request this year's dates or
learn more information on any of the retreats listed above, please contact