Make a splash by making use of our six-lane swimming pool and aquatics programming.
The aquatics program provides safe and fun recreational swim opportunities for the Saint Joseph's campus community and for the residents in and around the Standish area. Swim classes of all levels are available for those aged six months through adult, and training is available for lifeguard and water safety instructor certification. The pool is open throughout the day for lap and open swim, AquaFitness classes, and our Learn-to-Swim program.
- Lap and open swim
- Learn-to-Swim program
- Private swim lessons
- Water safety instructor and lifeguard certification
- Splash Parties
- Always swim with a friend or where a lifeguard is present.
- Use common sense to enjoy the pool safely.
- No running in or around the pool area.
- No food, drink, or gum is permitted in the pool area.
- Always use the restroom and take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- No street shoes allowed on the pool deck.
In the event of a closure due to inclement weather or other circumstances, the Alfond pool may closed to community members. Please dial the Alfond pool closure hotline for the latest information: 207-893-7551.
Pool is CLOSED: Dec. 24 - Jan.2, Jan. 16
Lap and Open Swim: Jan. 3- Feb. 26
|6:30 - 8 a.m.
|Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
|11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
|Monday - Friday (On Wednesdays - Lap Swim 6 lanes)
|7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
|3 - 6 p.m.
- FREE for all SJC students,staff/faculty, alumni, and infants under 6 months of age.
- Community-Drop in: $6
- 10-visit punch pass: $40
(Standish residents are eligible for a $10 discount on punch passes with ID.)
Our instructors guide participants through aerobic movements that target the entire body by using the natural resistance of water. Participants work as hard as they feel comfortable, and may choose to work on range of motion and flexibility instead of cardio and strength by performing alternative movements
suggested by the instructor. Not only is it a great workout, but it's a fun way to socialize with friends or to make new ones!
The morning Aqua Fitness classes take place in shallow water (4'-4.5') and are great for all ability levels.
Aqua Fitness: Jan. 3 - Feb. 26
| 8 - 9 a.m.
| Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
|6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- FREE for all SJC students and alumni
- Staff/Faculty-Drop in: $3 or $25 for 10 punch card
- Community-Drop in: $7
- 12 punch pass: $60
(As with lap and open swims, Standish residents receive a $10 discount on punch passes when presenting appropriate ID.)
Ensure your loved one's next birthday goes swimmingly by reserving the pool and facilities for a Splash Party! Splash parties are available for booking Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Groups of 20 or fewer may rent the pool at a cost of $95 an hour. An additional fee will be added for groups over 20. The pool is available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for parties. To check available
dates and times, please call the Alfond Center at
893-6615 or e-mail
Rental Fees for the Community:
- $95 an hour for the pool
- $60 an hour for the room for Splash Parties
- $60 an hour for the rock wall
Rental Fees for Alumni, SJC Students, staff & faculty (20% discounted rate):
- $76 an hour for the pool
- $48 an hour for the room for Splash Parties
- $48 an hour for the rock wall
Interested in having a splash party?