Dear Aquatics Patrons,
Effective immediately all lap swim sessions at the pool will be suspended. Unfortunately we do not have a timetable for opening back up. Safety for our patrons and staff is our number one priority. Please check back in after the Thanksgiving holiday for updates. If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience,
Please review the FAQs and if you have questions, please contact Jared Felker at 207-893-7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive swim lesson updates
Spring 2020 Learn to Swim Program
An email with swim lessons details will be sent to those on the swim list as soon as dates are confirmed. If you are not on the email list and want to be, please send your request to email@example.com.
We accept cash, local checks, and credit cards.
$150 for five weeks, one swimmer with one instructor for 30 minutes each visit
This endurance and stroke development clinic is for swimmers of all abilities and ages. All four strokes are evaluated and corrected with the use of drills and coach instruction.
The goal of the clinic is to help swimmers improve stroke technique and teach drills that will enable the continued refinement of the strokes. All while the swimmer gains strength and endurance in the pool. Swimmers are not required to swim all strokes and may work on only those strokes they choose.
We will use fins, which help create buoyancy and propulsion, both are important—without them many of the drills may be difficult.
BRING: goggles, towel, water bottle, a snack for afterward you will be hungry
Email Jared Felker, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 207-893-7666. Please include:
- Name and age of swimmer
- Parent name(s) and cell phone number(s)
- Mailing address
Swim Lesson Guidelines
What to Bring
- Bathing suit
- Water bottle
- Flip-flops or water shoes (optional)
Refund Policy, Closings & Class Cancellations
- A $15 administrative fee will be charged for changes or withdrawals.
- Withdrawals requested 48 hours or more prior to the first lesson may be refunded 50% of the registration fee.
- Withdrawals requested less than 48 hours prior to the first lesson will NOT be issued refunds.
- Saint Joseph’s College does not offer make-up swim lessons for individual absences.
- The Alfond pool may be required to close due to unforeseen circumstances, including but not limited to weather conditions. Should this occur, you will be contacted as soon as possible with your options.
Hygiene Guidelines and Health Related Issues
- Soapy showers are required prior to swimming in the Alfond Pool.
- Swim caps are not required; however, your hair must be put up in a bun or braid if long enough to do so.
To prevent the spreading of illnesses, your child should not attend lessons if:
- He/she has had a fever within the last 24 hours
- He/she has had diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- He/she has vomited in the last 24 hours
- He/she has green/yellow discharge from the nose
- Children 6 years and older must change in the gender appropriate locker room.
- Parents, please use discretion when bringing children of the opposite sex into the locker room with you. The staff is available to assist if you need help. Please respect the rights and privacy of others. If you feel an older child is in the wrong locker room, please report it immediately to the supervisor on duty.
- When children are participating in a program, a parent or guardian must remain on the premises unless otherwise noted.
All payments should be made online through the registration process with a debit/credit card After registering online, you will receive an e-mail notification confirming your registration and payment. Please contact the Aquatics Department at 207-893-6669 or SJCaquatics@sjcme.edu with any questions.