Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity (MDiv) program prepares Catholic laity and permanent deacons for ministerial work in the Catholic church and provides prerequisite programming for students planning to pursue a Doctor of Ministry (DMin) degree. An accelerated track is available to students who hold a Master’s Degree in Theology or Ministry.
- This program professes fidelity to the teachings of Jesus Christ and the doctrine and heritage of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Students develop an understanding and appreciation of the Catholic faith with a specific emphasis on application in ministry.
- Saint Joseph’s College is accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education. The program is not accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and does not lead to ordination.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A letter from your pastor attesting that you are a Roman Catholic in good standing
- A 300-600 word essay explaining your discernment process in applying for the Master of Divinity degree and what you feel called to do beyond its completion.
How much will this program cost?
Total Cost: $34,830*
*Excludes the cost of textbooks and nursing clinical fees. Assumes no transfer of credit, and, at the graduate level, that all preparatory requirements have been met. Prices are subject to change. For full tuition and fee details.
How long will it take?
- Full-time, less than 4 yr. Part-time, 7 yr 6 mo.
The Master of Divinity curriculum offers a theological education for those who seek to serve the needs of the Catholic Church and society with a specific emphasis on application in ministry. The programs are in keeping with the values of Saint Joseph’s College, which are rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy.
The Master of Divinity Accelerated Track is available to any student who holds a Master’s Degree in Theology or Ministry. This program prepares students for ministerial work in the church with the opportunity to earn an advanced degree.
SOME OF OUR FACULTY
You may qualify for a discount on tuition through your employer.
Why study theology online at Saint Joseph’s College?
Are you looking for a convenient program, or need an affordable one? Then check out our frequently asked questions by clicking on the button below.