Apply For Aid

The following forms are needed in order to apply for a Federal Direct Loan and/or a Federal Pell Grant.

Forms Required for Courses with a Start Date between 7/1/16 and 6/30/17

Graduate Students
Undergraduate Students
  • 2016–2017 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  • 2016-2017 Verification Worksheet: You must either select the IRS Data Retrieval Tool option when completing your FAFSA or provide us with an IRS Tax Return Transcript of your 2015 Federal Tax Return. To obtain a transcript, call the IRS at 800-829-1040 or go to and select "Order a Return or Account Transcript." Then, select "Order a Transcript" from the third column. Enter your personal information, then choose "Return Transcript" from the drop-down menu. Do not select "Account Transcript"; we are not able to accept it.  

Students/other consortium students concurrently taking courses at another institution will also need:

Financial Aid Consortium Agreement Form 

Financial Aid Consortium Agreement Student Responsibilities

Opportunity Maine

A Maine tax credit has been authorized to reimburse payments to a school-certified educational loan for any Maine resident who earns an associate or bachelor's degree in Maine, and then lives, works, and pays taxes in Maine following degree completion.

How to Claim the Educational Opportunity Tax Credit

All you have to do to take advantage of the Educational Opportunity Tax Credit (EOTC) is file your tax return. If Maine Revenue Services wants additional documentation, they will contact you, but there is no longer any paperwork to fill out with your college. You can find the tax credit worksheet for the EOTC here.

  • If you graduated after December 31, 2009, the tax credit worksheet will provide the "benchmark loan payment,” which determines the maximum tax credit you can claim. The benchmark for 2010 is $343.
  • If you graduated on or before December 31, 2009, and you have not yet filled out and filed an Opportunity Contract, the documentation that was used when the program was launched, you no longer have to. However, the cap ("benchmark loan payment”) on your eligible tax credit is determined by your college, based on a formula. The benchmark payment for 2008 was $50 and the benchmark in 2009 was $132.