We are proud to honor those who serve and protect our nation.
You will find that the flexibility of our fully accredited programs and our generous transfer policy makes Saint Joseph’s College of Maine a great choice for both active duty military, spouses, and veterans.
Our goal is to make your transition to college as seamless as possible. Whatever education plan you choose, we can help you earn your degree or certificate at your convenience, and on your schedule. We offer a wide variety of interesting courses, all taught by experienced, well-qualified, and caring faculty. In addition, our academic advisors treat every student as an individual, and not just a number.
Saint Joseph's College has worked with military students and their families since 1976. As a Military Friendly School, we are dedicated to serving those who serve our country. We were among the first institutions that started eArmyU, and have been a Navy Partner since its inception.
- Earn your degree anywhere without taking time away from your family or from serving your country.
- No campus attendance is required*.
- Access online courses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Complete your coursework on your own schedule, even if you're deployed, while still submitting coursework regularly and meeting class participation requirements.
- Tuition discounts are available for active duty military members. Recognizing the sacrifices that military spouses make, we happily extend our discounted rates to them as well. Financial aid is also available and our programs qualify for tuition assistance (TA).
*Exceptions exist for our online nurse practitioner programs.
In addition to TA, you may also be eligible to use GI Bill® funds for your college education at Saint Joseph's College.
All eligible service members must receive approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling in a program with VA or TA benefits.
Your success is our focus. At Saint Joseph's College of Maine, we'll bring college to you with an education specifically designed for online learners and a community in which you'll never feel alone. Contact an admissions counselor and discover the Saint Joseph’s difference today.
Credit will be granted for military service school courses and skills if the American Council on Education recommends the awarding of credit. The following information must be obtained:
- Full and correct title of course
- Location of training
- Length of course in weeks
- Exact dates of attendance
- Branch of Service that gave the course
Veterans who do not have access to an official ACE Registry transcript must submit an official record and initiate the request for evaluation. Veterans and reserve personnel must submit a certified copy of the DD214. Saint Joseph’s College generally follows ACE credit recommendations for all skill levels. Credit is not awarded for Basic Training or for vocational/technical level recommendations.
VA Certifying Official
School Certifying Official, Saint Joseph’s College, 207-893-7799 or firstname.lastname@example.org