Message from the Military Programs Coordinator, David McCall
We are proud to honor those who serve and protect our nation. You will find that the flexibility of our fully accredited programs and our generous prior college credit transfer policy makes it a great choice for both active duty military, spouses, and veterans. Our goal is to make your transition to college as seamless as possible, and we will accept generous credit for prior learning and military schooling and experience. Whatever education plan you choose, we can help you earn your degree or certificate at your convenience, and on your schedule. We offer a wide variety of interesting courses, all taught by experienced, well-qualified, and caring faculty. In addition, our academic advisors treat every student as an individual, and not just a number.
Saint Joseph’s College has worked with military students and their families since 1976. As a Military Friendly School, we are dedicated to serving those who serve our country. We were among the first institutions that started eArmyU, and have been a Navy Partner since its inception.
- Earn your degree anywhere without taking time away from your family or from serving your country.
- No campus attendance is required.
- Access online courses and our Technology Help Desk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Complete your coursework on your own schedule, even if you’re deployed.
- Saint Joseph’s College is a member and active participant in the Servicemember Opportunities College (SOC) network of SOCAD-4 and SOCNAV-4 programs. That means your college credits transfer easily between Saint Joseph’s College and other SOC schools, providing you with the fastest and most convenient path to a quality college education.
- Affordable tuition. Our tuition is affordable for active duty military or anyone using tuition assistance, and a 15% discount on the tuition rate. Recognizing the sacrifices that military spouses make, we gratefully extend these discounted rates to them as well. Financial aid is available and our programs qualify for tuition assistance (TA).
In addition to TA, you may also be eligible to use GI Bill® funds for your college education at Saint Joseph’s College. You face a number of challenges and an equal number of opportunities in pursuing your college education. We’re here to help, advise, and listen.
Troops to Teachers: Military Personnel Become Teachers
The military-friendly Master of Science in Education programs at Saint Joseph’s College is proud to be a partner in the Troops to Teachers program. The purpose of Troops to Teachers (TTT) is to assist eligible military personnel to transition to a new career as public school teachers in targeted schools. Pending availability of funds, financial assistance may be provided to eligible individuals as stipends up to $5K to help pay for teacher certification costs or as bonuses of $10K to teach in schools serving a high percentage of students from low-income families. TTT is managed by the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES).
Saint Joseph’s College will gladly work with the TTT program in your state or region to work out the fastest method for you to become a professional educator. Available courses to fulfill the alternative route for Maine 7-12 teaching certification dovetails with the TTT program:
- ED 512 Educating the Exceptional Student in the Classroom (3 credits online)
- ED 523 Teaching Methods in Secondary Education (3 credits online)
- ED 590 Student Teaching (12 credits – 15 weeks in a classroom) – Contact the State Coordinator concerning the requirement for Student Teaching
In addition, alternative route applicants in Maine need to hold a bachelors degree, earned 24 credit hours of post-secondary course work in the endorsement area, pass 3 Praxis exams, and complete a background check. Because we are an online school, you may enroll in necessary courses while you are winding down your active military duty. Call us today about this exciting opportunity.
New England TTT website
Proud to Serve Again
DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support)
Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership
We recognize the sacrifices that you make every day of your life as a member of the United States armed forces. We thank you for your service and want to make your educational experience as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
Through the Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP), we offer:
- Flexibility and convenience. Earn your degree — from any location —without taking time away from your family or from serving your country. No campus attendance is required. Access online courses and our technology helpdesk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Accredited, quality education. Saint Joseph’s College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, and that means our programs meet or exceed criteria for the assessment of institutional quality. You will earn an education that is valued, respected and appreciated.
- Maximum credit transfer. The College is a member and active participant in the Servicemember Opportunities College (SOC) network of SOCNAV-4 programs. That means your college credits transfer easily between Saint Joseph’s College and other SOC schools, providing you with the fastest and most convenient path to a quality college education.
- Affordable tuition. Our undergraduate tuition is only $250 per credit hour for anyone using tuition assistance. Recognizing the importance of family and the fact that military spouses also make sacrifices, we gratefully extend these discounted rates to your spouse. Financial aid is available and our programs qualify for tuition assistance (TA).
*The admission application fee is waived for our navy college program.
In an effort to ensure military personnel are making the best-possible choices to meet their educational needs and goals, the following links provide information for comparing colleges in terms of costs, retention rates, student loan default rates, and financial aid. You are encouraged to explore these resources, and your admissions counselor can answer any questions you may have.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill