SilverSneakers® is a health and fitness program for seniors now offered at Saint Joseph’s College.
Why SilverSneakers at SJC?
The community you can build at Saint Joseph’s extends beyond your SilverSneaker’s fitness class:
- Attend an Aqua fitness class or use our pool
- Walk the indoor track in the Harold Alfond Center
- Enjoy lunch in our dining hall at Pearson’s Cafe
- Grab a coffee at Baggot Street, our campus cafe
- Visit our Sebago Lake waterfront
- Wander our campus trail system or walk the outdoor track
- Join us at Mass in Healy Chapel
- Attend athletics games
- Use our library for research or relax with your favorite book
Tuesdays | 11am-11:45am
SilverSneakers Muscle – This class incorporates athletic exercises that boost overall fitness. Move through muscle conditioning blocks and activity-specific drills to improve strength and functional skill.
Thursdays | 11am-11:45am
SilverSneakers Stability – Get stronger and improve your balance through exercises that strengthen the ankle, knee and hip joints all in a fun and social setting. This class is designed specifically for fall prevention.
Fridays | 11am-11:45am
SilverSneakers Classic – This class is perfect for the individual bran new to exercise but it also very appropriate for anyone wanting to improve their muscular endurance and flexibility.
- Cost for community members is $7 to drop in or $50 for a 10 punch card
- Cost for SJC staff/faculty/alumni is $3 drop in or $25 for a 10 punch card
- SliverSneakers Members who are eligible attend for free (check your eligibility here).
Anyone using the Alfond Center needs to use the parking lot behind the building; there is no parking allowed at the front of the building. Handicapped parking spots are also located in the back. Get directions to campus and view our campus map.
Assistant Director of Campus Recreation