Check out the different programs and wellness activities that are going on this month!
Join us this semester for fitness classes such as Yoga, Muscle Camp, Zumba, Spin Classes and more! Check back for an updated class schedule with times and class descriptions.
- Fall Schedule - SJC Students are free. Faculty/staff drop in for $3 or purchase a $25 punch pass to attend 10 classes.Community drop in for $7 or purchase a $50 punch pass to attend 10 classes.
- Spin Classes
For more info please email Jenna Chase at
What's New This Semester
CIGNA offers Employee Assistance Program webinars. CIGNA members who complete the program will earn 10 points. Go to
Lunch & Learn Series
A series of health and wellness presentations on a wide variety of topics. There is something for everyone so pack your lunch and join us. CIGNA members earn 10 points upon completion.
- Oct. 6: Protect Yourself from Ticks, 12-12:30pm, Hall of Fame room
- Oct. 12: Fire Prevention, 12-12:45pm, Hall of Fame room
- Oct. 13: Senior Care, 12-12:45pm, Hall of Fame room
- Oct. 19: Food Safety 101, 12-12:45pm, Hall of Fame room
All Lunch and Learns will be worth 10 CIGNA points upon completion.
Walk and Talk Away the Pounds- Fridays 12-12:45pm
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org / Cigna members earn 25 points
- Oct. 7 Healthy Recipes with apples by Mariah
- Oct. 14 Healthy Recipes with pumpkins by Emma
- Oct.21 Nutritious Options for Breakfast by Jill
- Oct. 28 Fun Chex Ideas/Sweet Treats by Emma
- Nov. 4 Healthy Herbs from Your Garden by Jill
- Nov. 11 Healthy Sides at Thanksgiving by Mariah
The Art of a Balanced Body
Physical therapist Allan Brown talks about gravity, muscle, tension and physical stress.
Lunch and Learn videos
Miss any of our recent Lunch & Learns? No problem! Click on links below for a quick review of items discussed.
Drafting Your Will Worksheet
How Money Works Seminar
Aching Back Handout
Save Your Skin Skin Cancer Handout
Intro to Stress Powerpoint
Time Management Organization Skills and Money
Stress Series - Sleep, Diet, Exercise
We are very excited to introduce a new round of Cooking Series topics that is put on by the staff at Pearson's Cafe. The cooking series will take place in the cafe on Wednesdays starting at 4pm.
Christian shows us how to prepare a squash pie and how to make our own apple butter from scratch.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
2013 Bake-off Recipes
Dipped Pretzels Recipe
Cooking Series - Stealth Nutrition
Cooking Series - Chicken Stock
Cooking Series - Beef Stock
Where do Stocks Come from?
Roasted Tomato Soup
Partnership For a Tobacco-Free Maine
Maine Tobacco Hotline
Maine Tobacco-Free College Network
The College is recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association‟s Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program. This program is a catalyst for positive change. Worksites throughout the nation can be part of the initiative making the health
and wellness of their employees a priority. For more information on the Fit-Friendly Worksites initiative, or to find out what you can do to incorporate more physical activity into your day, stop by the Alfond Center or contact
Jenna Chase at