Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
Become an expert with endless career potential in a field that puts your talents to use. With your Master of Accountancy (MAcc) degree from Saint Joseph’s College, you’ll develop the higher level skills for accounting, research, taxation, auditing and finance while preparing for the ethical challenges of this increasingly globalized field.
Whether you are an aspiring certified public accountant (CPA), or are seeking other long-term career opportunities and advancement in the accounting field, our interdisciplinary MAcc curriculum can help you progress. Here, you’ll enhance your ability to translate complex accounting challenges into actionable financial data for any industry.
Set yourself apart as a big-picture accounting professional with an eye for detail. Request more information today.
An MAcc degree for any stage of your accounting career
Earn credentials that bolster your knowledge and credibility in the accounting field. This program offers students:
- A flexible, online format: Study at the time and location that works for you.
- CPA licensure preparation: Satisfy the widely adopted 150-hour educational requirement for certification and licensure as a CPA.
- Credit for career experience: Apply as a seasoned accounting professional and get an academic and experiential evaluation that accounts for your existing knowledge.
- Active learning through dialogue: Enjoy small class sizes and regular professional discussions that build skills for communication, critical thinking and your overall credibility.
- Engaging faculty: Even online, you’ll get constructive, personalized guidance from your teachers that helps you expand your expertise.
- Real-world applications: Through problem-based learning, you’ll apply concepts and principles to solve practical accounting problems.
Your path to career advancement can start today. Apply now for free and start during any of the five 10-week terms scheduled each year (offered in January, March, May, July and October).
How much will this program cost?
Total Cost: $17,730*
*Excludes the cost of textbooks and nursing clinical fees. Assumes no transfer of credit, and, at the graduate level, that all preparatory requirements have been met. Prices are subject to change. Click here for full tuition and fee details.
How long will it take?
- MACC*: Full-time, 1 yr. Part-time, 2 yr.
* These timelines assume all prep classes have been met and that the student takes no breaks between terms. Full-time is two courses per term, part-time is one course per term.
With its dialogue-intensive format and emphasis on professional ethics and professional responsibility, this distinctive MAcc curriculum (30-36 credits) helps graduates not only enhance their accounting knowledge, but also their ability to lead in complex organizations.
Courses involve problem-based learning and written assignments that develop credibility in communication, clarity of thought in reporting and the ability to convey high-level knowledge in a manner that resonates with all levels of an organization.
Notable MAcc courses:
- Legal Environment/Business Law (Ethics)
- Leadership and Relationship Management
- Advanced Topics in Disclosure and Financial Reporting
- (Applied) Corporate Financial Management
- International Accounting
Need continuing professional education (CPE) credits as a CPA? We offer CPA workshops for accounting professionals looking to maintain licensing requirements and build skills along the way. Workshops include eight CPE hours, covering up-to-date tax laws, accounting issues and ethics matters.
Have questions about curriculum or how to apply? Contact our online admissions office.
Job growth for accounting professionals (i.e., auditors, certified public accountants (CPAs), compliance managers, appraisal specialists) is closely tied to overall economic health. As the economy grows, so do the job prospects for qualified applicants who exhibit the next-generation accounting skills needed in an evolving global economy.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, accountants and auditors are expected to experience faster-than-average employment growth from 2016–2026 (10%). While entry-level positions are possible through a baccalaureate qualification, individuals with an advanced professional certification, especially CPAs, will have the best prospects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the MAcc degree program only for aspiring CPAs?
This program prepares future certified public accountants (CPAs) to exercise their developed technical competence and interpersonal skills with integrity. It also supports those seeking advancement in an increasingly competitive job market. It is not, however, exclusive for aspiring public accountants. Individuals pursuing a wide range of careers can benefit from this degree path.
Do I need a degree in business in order to earn my MAcc?
The Master of Accountancy program is designed to prepare those with no previous experience in accounting, those who have an undergraduate degree in business, or those who have equivalent experience, for a career in the public accounting profession.
Students are not required to have an undergraduate degree in business. Those without this degree would only have to take up to seven preparatory courses to ensure they are adequately prepared for graduate accounting studies. Applications will be evaluated individually for actual preparatory requirements.
Be a stronghold of ethics in professional accounting
Gain skills for tackling complex challenges in financial reporting, business practices and an evolving professional accounting landscape. Request more information today to learn more about earning your MAcc online at Saint Joseph’s College or apply now if you are ready to get started.