Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Online
Through this online business program, you will acquire a foundation of business knowledge that will enhance any career.
Designed to support adults at any stage in life, the curriculum has been developed by professionals with both business and academic expertise who genuinely care about your goals. Particularly well suited for any industry and any trade or profession, a BSBA will open doors and help you to get that promotion or start your own business.
Highly Customizable Options:
- General business degree option with “flexible” focus.
- A goal oriented major option, with “specialty” focus.
At a Glance
- A generous credit-transfer policy is designed to award maximum credit for both traditional and non-traditional learning experience.
- Sound business core curriculum prepares you for more responsible positions in any organization or industry.
- Courses build on your experience, while blending content and learning strategies that are aligned with your professional goals.
- Valuable lessons learned will be immediately applicable in your work setting.
- Dedicated faculty with practical experience work one-on-one with you to ensure your success.
- Satisfies all of the prerequisite requirements for the Master of Accountancy degree, if that is your goal.
- Online format allows you to study at your own schedule and at your own location. No on-campus residency required.
Students enrolled in the program must earn 128 semester-hour credits, 25 percent of which must be completed through Saint Joseph’s College. Students may enroll in a general business administration program to maximize transfer credit options or choose a major. In either case, to complete their degree requirements, students can choose from a wide array of business electives to meet their own needs and interests.
The general business administration degree option, with a “flexible” focus, was designed to accommodate community college graduates and working adults in any trade or profession who would like to further develop their business acumen. In addition to general education transfer credits, students apply previously earned career related course credit to maximize the total number of transfer credits. Students can choose business electives in any combination that suits their goals, whether it be in human resources, management, marketing or other area.
The banking major was created in collaboration with the Center for Financial Training and Education Alliance. Our long-standing relationship and close collaboration with the Center provides a program that is highly relevant to the needs of the banking community. The program provides students with optimal flexibility for completing their coursework. Banking specialization students must be employed by a banking institution that is served by the CFTEA.
The key question is, what are your goals? It is not required to declare a major in this program that encourages students to create their own course of study based on their unique needs and interests. For example, students who are interested in pursuing a career in accounting can choose from business electives that provide all of the necessary requirements for admission into the Master of Accounting Degree.
Students who meet the admission requirements may take graduate courses in place of business electives that apply to the MBA or Leadership MBA to accelerate their progress towards a graduate degree.
The formal education and experience required by top executives vary as extensively as their responsibilities do, but many of these workers have at least a bachelor’s degree and considerable experience. Many top executives have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, liberal arts, or a more specialized discipline. Learn more about jobs in this field.