Payment or documentation to clear your charges must be received by the due date in order to enroll for the current semester.
- There is an automatic HOLD on Grades and Transcripts until all financial obligations have been met.
- All seniors must clear accounts one month prior to graduation in order to participate in Commencement Exercises and receive their Diploma.
When it is necessary to forward an unpaid account to an outside collection agency, the student is responsible for all collection fees.
All charges are payable on the dates noted below. In all cases of payment past the due date, a late fee of $300 will be assessed each semester.
||Statement mailed on or about
||Payments due on or before
||July 17th, 2020
||December 11th, 2020
In accordance with Saint Joseph’s College policy, FULL PAYMENT of the total bill must be made. The only deductions allowed are as follows:
- Scholarships, grants and loans awarded through the Office of Financial Aid, only if you have received the award letter and have returned your acceptance, and all other required documents.
- College scholarships awarded at the time of admission.
- Scholarships or sponsorships by state or federal agencies, organizations, school districts or companies that are payable to the College. Enclose supporting award authorization.
- ALL BANK LOANS. Loans in process may be deducted only if the application has been certified by the Office of Financial Aid. Half of the estimated loan disbursement will be deducted for the fall semester, and the other half for the spring semester.
- Education Benefits (Veteran or other monthly payments). Enclose copy of award letter which specifies amount of monthly payments.
- Tuition Plan Participation. The semester portion may be deferred only the tuition plan company (Nelnet Campus Commerce) has notified the school. SJC receives an updated list daily.
Other special problems should be brought to our attention immediately for review and consideration. Please call 207-893-7732 or 893-7737.
Notification of withdrawal and requests for refunds must be made in writing and addressed to the Office of the Registrar. Read our Credit Balance Policy.
If the semester charges were not paid in full at the time of the withdrawal, a bill will be forwarded for the balance due, calculated by using the appropriate percentage.
The College must anticipate for fiscal reasons that enrolled students will complete the term to which they were admitted. However, should it be necessary for any valid reason to withdraw prior to the end of a term, the amount of tuition refund is determined using the following schedule:
- Before classes begin: 100% refund (all charges except the new student tuition deposit)
- During first two weeks: 80% refund of tuition
- During third week: 60% refund of tuition
- During fourth week: 40% refund of tuition
- During fifth week: 20% refund of tuition
- Withdrawal after fifth week: No refund
Tuition deposits are non-refundable after June 1.
Lab fees, supplemental fees & other billed charges are not refundable.
Room & Board refund amount is determined using the following schedule:
- Students who move out of dorm Week 1 of Semester will be charged $1,500. The balance of Room & Board charges is refundable.
- Students who move out of dorm Week 2 of Semester will be charged $1,900. The balance of Room & Board charges is refundable.
No portion of room and board is refundable after Week 2 of classes.
I already have health insurance, how do I waive the health insurance fee?
Waiving the health insurance fee is a 2 step process.
- Fill out the online waiver form on my web services.
- Send a copy (front and back) of your health card to:
Saint Joseph’s College
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, ME 04084
Deadlines for Health Waiver: Fall semester – August 1st / Spring Semester – January (tbd)
Questions? Call Health Services at 207-893-6634.
What’s Tuition Insurance?
Tuition Insurance, also know as tuition refund insurance, provided coverage for students if they must withdraw from school in the middle of a semester for medical reasons, including mental health. Saint Joseph’s College has partnered with A.W.G. Dewar to provide tuition insurance for all students in the 2020-21 school year. All students will see a $370 charge on their fall semester bill. This is an annual charge and will not be repeated on the spring bill.
Students may waive coverage prior to August 20th, 2020 by going to http://www.tuitionprotection.com/sjcme
At Saint Joseph’s College, we understand that the investment our students and their families make in funding an SJC education is an important, valuable and significant expense. We also know that “life happens”, and sometimes health issues may impact a student’s ability to continue with their studies.
Saint Joseph’s College has offered our students additional tuition insurance which may cover some of these non-refundable costs, given an unforeseen health circumstance. Please click this link to GradGuard for information regarding additional insurance.
Can I request an updated bill?
Yes, updated statements can be seen/printed via Campus Cafe, my web services or by calling the Treasurer’s Office at 207-893-7732.
What happens to my housing deposit if I still owe money?
Housing deposit money is applied to the unpaid bill if the student does not return due to prior year balance. It is forfeited if student decides not to be a resident or withdraws.
Why didn’t I get my grades?
Your grades and transcripts will be held until all financial obligations have been met.
How do I apply for a loan to cover the balance?
Many of our families choose to use a federal parent loan to pay all or part of the balance remaining after financial aid. We encourage you to research your loan options carefully.
Below is a billing statement sample. However, it is not all-inclusive and serves only as a guideline to help you prepare for your semester expenses. If you have any questions, you should contact 207-893-7732.
For new students that enroll in the spring semester, only 50% will be billed for the fees (ie. general and activity fees) listed below. Any questions about fees, call 207-893-7732.
||Description of charge
||Full-time (12-19 credits/semester)
||Part-time (1-11 credits/semester)
||Tuition overload (20+ credits/semester)
|Room & Board
||Meals & Shared Housing
||Health Insurance fee (can be waived)
||Security deposit (one-time fee when move on campus)
||Tuition Insurance fee (can be waived)
There may be other charges due to your choice of major that are not listed here.