The self-help resources below cover some of the basics of using Brightspace as a student. If you need further assistance, please contact the Library.
- Brightspace Browser Support
- Brightspace System Check
- Many courses include files in PDF format. The free version of Adobe Reader is recommended for viewing PDFs.
- Some online courses (i.e., HA, NU) require students have a webcam.
View these tutorials to find overviews of navigating the site, using discussion forums, using the dropbox, and more: Brightspace Learner You Tube Videos.
Help for questions about:
- Accessibility: Options for keyboard-only navigation, zooming, color contrast and more.
- Discussions: The Discussions tool is a collaboration area to post, read and reply to threads on different topics. Posting to a Discussion Board (Video)
- Dropbox: The Dropbox tool enables you to submit assignments in the Learning Environment. Submitting to a Dropbox (Video)
Tablet Users: Uploading directly to Dropbox from iPad is not supported. Uploading from other tablets may or may not work.
- ePortfolio: A personal portfolio tool for storing, organizing, reflecting on, and sharing items that represent your learning. Help Using ePortfolio.
- Turnitin: How to Submit to Turnitin (PDF), How to Submit to Turnitin (Video)
How to Read an Originality Report (PDF), How to Read an Originality Report (Video)
- Virtual Classroom: Participate in virtual live class meetings.
If the IT department’s single sign-on service is down, you will not be able to log in to Brightspace using the normal URL. In these instances, use this link for Brightspace access: https://sjcme.brightspace.com/login?noredirect=1. Please note that when logging in through this page, you do NOT include @sjcme.edu after your username.