BS in Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS)
Build your own degree program and create your pathway to finishing your degree!
What is Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS)?
The IDS program is similar to a General Studies program in that you can customize your learning experience, work toward your individual goals, and excel quickly toward your degree.
Why is IDS right for me?
The most important reason for choosing IDS is that your college experience should be shaped around what is meaningful to you and your future.
This program is designed for the inspired learner who is motivated to expand their career opportunities. By choosing more than one area of study, students will gain new perspectives and multiple skill sets that are marketable to numerous employers.
At a Glance
- A flexible, online format allows you to study on your own schedule so you can quickly finish your degree.
- Our generous credit transfer policy is designed to award maximum credit for both traditional and non-traditional learning experiences.
- Experiential and community-based learning experiences are available.
- Faculty with practical experience work one-on-one with you to ensure your success.
- Accelerate your path to a master’s degree program with fast-track options.
Bachelor’s degree students need to complete 120 credits and at least 25% of those must be completed at SJC. Students who are transferring in a high number of credits may only need to complete one minor. Please call an Admissions Counselor at 1-800-752-4723 for more information.
As part of the IDS program, baccalaureate students will have an opportunity to study across disciplines and can choose their minor(s) from the approved program areas listed below. Students pursuing an associate’s degree in IDS will complete one approved minor.
Please note: Accounting and Theology minors both offer fast track options into Master’s degree programs.
Industry-specific curriculum in each of these online degree programs prepares you for more responsible positions in a variety of occupations. Courses blend content with your professional experience, allowing for immediate application in your work setting.