Saint Joseph’s College, in cooperation with The College Board, invites you to attend the Advanced Placement® Summer Institute.
Teacher Training Courses for AP Instructors Institute
July 15 – July 19, 2019
New and experienced participants will receive training from College Board certified AP consultants. Everyone will enjoy an invigorating week of learning at our beautiful lakeside campus in Southern Maine. Mark your calendar now and plan to attend an exciting AP Institute at Saint Joseph’s College!
- Non-credit Tuition: $1,000 (includes payment for course materials, lunch and lobster bake).
- Graduate Tuition: $1420 (includes payment for 3 graduate credits, course materials, lunch and lobster bake)
- Chemistry Lab Fee: $50
- Biology Lab Fee: $50
- On-campus housing 4 options: (includes breakfast and dinner)
Room & Board $375 Double or $450 Single
Room & Board with Transportation: $425 Double or $500 Single
Room & Board with 1 Guest in Room: $575
Room & Board with 1 Guest in Room plus Transportation: $625
Be sure to indicate your selection on your registration form. If you prefer to stay elsewhere on your own, early planning is essential (see the Maine Info section below).
Participants living off-campus must provide their own transportation to and from the College and make their own reservations.
Deadline for registration and payment is Friday, July 12.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received by July 12 will receive a complete refund. Any cancellations received after July 13 will receive a 50% refund.
The college reserves the right to cancel any course because of insufficient enrollment or for any other reason. Participants will receive a full refund.
For those staying on campus, please reserve housing. All participants should submit this form to let us know your travel plans.
New Registration Process for APSI 2019: Registration for the Advanced Placement Summer Institute at Saint Joseph’s College of Maine is now done through the College Board and CVENT. When you click on the Registration Button, you will be directed to sign in to the College Board using your Educator Professional Login (EPL). Once you are logged in, you you will be directed to the registration form for APSI at Saint Joseph’s College.
AP Summer Institute
Saint Joseph’s College
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, ME 04084
About Saint Joseph’s Campus
The College overlooks Sebago Lake, one of Maine’s most beautiful spots and a popular four-season recreation area.
- Only 20 miles northwest of coastal Portland, Maine’s largest city, an hour north of Portsmouth and just two hours from Boston.
- The campus is easily navigated on foot: scenic paths connect campus buildings, and a brisk five-minute walk will take you anywhere you need to be.
- A hilly descent to our own private sandy beach opens on a panoramic view of the lake with the White Mountains as a backdrop on the horizon.
- Pack for a range of weather conditions. The weather in New England can change—you may experience cool summer nights, and 90-degree days with high humidity.
- Casual dress is the rule. Bring good, comfortable walking shoes.
How to Get Here
- If you arrive by bus, plane, or train, we’ll be waiting to greet you at the terminal and bring you to our campus. (When you arrive, just look for the Saint Joseph’s College T-shirts our staff will be wearing.) Please remember that you will be responsible for your own luggage. Please request this service by filling in the Housing and Travel form.
- If you are staying off campus, you are responsible for your own transportation.
In addition to networking with other AP teachers from around the country, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in the following activities:
- A real Down East “Lobstah Bake,” complete with steamed clams, corn-on-the-cob, and strawberry shortcake —included in Tuition/Board Fee. (Non-seafood meal options are available upon request.)
- The Alfond Recreation Center offers a wide variety of sport and exercise options: swimming pool, indoor track, Nautilus weight machines, free weights, cardiovascular machines, climbing wall, and basketball courts. The Center also houses lounges and public areas suitable for studying and socializing.
- The College campus has a small beach on Sebago Lake with walking trails, fire pit, paddle boards and kayaks.