Authorized Provider of the American Red Cross
Home Pool Safety
After completing this
presentation, participants will be able to:
- Explain what steps to take to keep their family and
guests safe at a home pool.
- Describe the links in the Circle of Drowning Prevention.
- Describe how to secure the pool area.
- Describe the steps in the Chain of Drowning Survival.
- Identify types of emergency equipment that should be
available at a home pool.
- Demonstrate how to perform reaching, throwing or wading
- Describe how to make a home pool party as safe as
- Explain how to call for emergency help.
- Know what items should be kept close when pool is being