|Due to COVID-19, the Wellehan Library facility is now closed until further notice. Staff are working remotely and available to assist members of the SJC community during these service hours:|
|Monday – Thursday||8:00 am – 11:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Sunday||1:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
To contact a staff person by phone, dial 1-207-893 and then the extension listed below.
|Name and Title||Extension|
Head of Reference and Information Literacy
Reference and Information Literacy Librarian
Senior Director of the Learning Commons
Learning Commons Technologist
Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
Learning Commons Technologist
Saint Joseph’s Wellehan Library fosters academic success and personal growth by providing and facilitating use of library resources and services designed to meet the teaching, learning, and research needs of the College community in a manner consistent with its mission and core values.
To fulfill this mission, Wellehan Library:
- Provides free, open access to recorded knowledge, information, and creative expression for education and recreation.
- Develops and maintains a balanced collection of physical materials and online resources to support and enrich the curricula.
- Engages in cooperative relationships with other libraries to expand access to resources that fulfill scholarly research as well as personal needs.
- Provides timely, comprehensive assistance using library resources and locating information.
- Collaborates with faculty to facilitate students’ development of information literacy skills.
- Provides comprehensive patron services while ensuring the confidentiality of patron transactions.
- Employs skilled, service-oriented staff members who affirm the mission of the Wellehan Library within the mission of the College.
Food & Beverages
When consuming food and beverages in the library, please do so carefully and respectfully. Properly dispose of waste and promptly report spills to staff.
If you need to make or take a phone call in the library, please be respectful of other patrons and staff. Phone conversations are prohibited in the Quiet Study Room.
On days when the College is closed due to inclement weather, the library will be closed as well. In the evenings and on weekends, the library may be closed if the weather is severe. In instances of inclement weather, it is best to call to verify if the library is open: 207-893-7725 or 1-800-343-5498 (option #4).
Principles and guidelines upon which decisions are made when adding or withdrawing materials from the library’s collection.
Policy regarding the acceptance of gifts.
While Wellehan Library computers are intended primarily for the use of College faculty, staff and students, use will be granted to visitors who acknowledge and abide by the computer use policy.
Children in the Library
In order to maintain an atmosphere conducive to research and study, this policy provides guidelines regarding the presence of children in the library.