|Below are hours for Spring Break March 6 through March 10, 2023. Regular library hours will resume on Monday, March 13.|
|The library facility will be open from 8am to 5pm from March 6 to March 9. Library services will be available on those days from 8am to 9pm. Use Chat service after 9pm.|
|The library facility and library services will be available on Friday, March 10, from 8am to 4pm. Use chat service beginning at 5pm.|
|From 5pm to midnight Monday through Friday, get assistance by using our Chat service. Chat assistance is available 24 hours on Saturdays and Sundays.|
|Staff may be reached by emailing email@example.com.|
|Sundays||1:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Mondays - Thursdays||8:00 am - 11:00 pm|
|Fridays||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
To contact a staff person by phone, dial 1-207-893 and then the extension listed below.
|Name and Title||Extension|
|Student Support Librarian|
Cataloging and Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
Circulation and Technical Services Coordinator
Saint Joseph's Wellehan Library fosters academic success and personal growth by providing and facilitating use of library resources and services designed to meet the teaching, learning, and research needs of the College community in a manner consistent with its mission and core values.
To fulfill this mission, Wellehan Library:
- Provides free, open access to recorded knowledge, information, and creative expression for education and recreation.
- Develops and maintains a balanced collection of physical materials and online resources to support and enrich the curricula.
- Engages in cooperative relationships with other libraries to expand access to resources that fulfill scholarly research as well as personal needs.
- Provides timely, comprehensive assistance using library resources and locating information.
- Collaborates with faculty to facilitate students' development of information literacy skills.
- Provides comprehensive patron services while ensuring the confidentiality of patron transactions.
- Employs skilled, service-oriented staff members who affirm the mission of the Wellehan Library within the mission of the College.
Food & Beverages
Food and drinks may not be consumed in the library at this time as College policy states that approved face coverings shall be worn at all times in all indoor common spaces in any College building.
If you need to make or take a phone call in the library, please be respectful of other patrons and staff. Phone conversations are prohibited in the Quiet Study Room.
On days when the College is closed due to inclement weather, the library will be closed as well. In the evenings and on weekends, the library may be closed if the weather is severe. In instances of inclement weather, it is best to call to verify if the library is open: 207-893-7725 or 1-800-343-5498 (option #4).
Principles and guidelines upon which decisions are made when adding or withdrawing materials from the library’s collection.
Policy regarding the acceptance of gifts.
While Wellehan Library computers are intended primarily for the use of College faculty, staff and students, use will be granted to visitors who acknowledge and abide by the computer use policy.
Children in the Library
In order to maintain an atmosphere conducive to research and study, this policy provides guidelines regarding the presence of children in the library.